Home Electrical Upgrades
It goes without saying that every home needs electricity. What isn’t always recognized is that many older homes’ electrical systems are either outdated, overloaded or underfed. An electrical upgrade can ensure your system is running smoothly without any threat of electrical hazard, while keeping up with increasing power demands from modern electronics. The picture to the right shows an old, outdated panel.
Time and time again, we see older homes that have had major components replaced, but they still have the “ORIGINAL” Electrical System.
Have you had any of the following upgrades? Furnace, A/C, hot water tank, heat pump, etc.
The reality is that without a safe electrical system in your home, many of these home improvements don’t matter. “You can’t run your furnace without electricity!”
What about modern electronics? Flat screen TV’s, computers, washers & dryers, stoves, etc.
When your homes’ electrical system is not up to date, many of these expensive items are at risk. Don’t feel bad, you’re not alone.
Does Your Electrical System Need Upgraded?
Its not very often that we think of our electrical box. Most of us don’t even really know what it does. Does it need service? Maintenance? Oil Change? (Just Kidding about about that one.) But Seriously, is the electric system in your home sufficient and in good working order?
Here are just a few things you should consider, ask yourself:
- Do you still have a fuse box?
- Are there several electrical boxes all connected together that make no sense?
- Is your electrical box labeled?
- Do you have the dangerous/fire-prone “Federal Pacific” panel that needs to be replaced ASAP?
- Does your older home still have only 60amps of power?
- Is your electrical system properly grounded?
- Is your outside meter service (this feeds your inside panel) in good shape?
- Do your lights ever dim or flicker?
- Would your electrical system pass a home inspection if you decided to sell?
It’s OK if you don’t know the answer to all these questions.
Call us. We’ll come to your home at no cost and inspect your system for free.
And rest assured, if you have Dependable Electric perform any electrical work in your home, you’re automatically covered by our “Five Year Warranty”. That means that any problems with labor or materials that we provide will be repaired at no additional cost to you.