We receive many calls from customers inquiring about rewiring their existing homes.
Unless you are planning on a total home remodel that includes tearing out many of your walls, this is not always practical (or required).
There is a lot of misinformation out today about what constitutes a “safe” electrical system. Some customers are under the impression that they are “required” to upgrade all the wiring in their home per “CODE”. While this may be the fact in some instances, we find that in most cases it’s not necessary or required.
We like to take the reasonable approach:
• Is it reasonable to have your new $2000 flat-screen television plugged into a wall outlet that is loose or ungrounded? We say NO.
• Is it reasonable to have your refrigerator plugged into an extension cord at the sink outlet? We say NO.
• Is it reasonable to have a 1500-watt space heater plugged into an old, unsafe outlet that sometimes causes the breaker (or fuse) to trip? We say NO.
• Is it reasonable to have an extension cord plugged into your garage door outlet? Again, we say NO.
In each one of these cases, adding an additional circuit to these areas corrects the problem. That does not mean that you have to rewire everything in your home. Often, like the examples above, newer wiring can be added to key areas that require it.
Customers also call us when they are experiencing tripped breakers (or blown fuses) at various areas of their homes.
This can be caused by several things such as:
• Adding new appliances that draw more power
• Short circuits
• Faulty electrical equipment
• Overloaded circuits
• Faulty underground wiring going to lamp posts or garages.
We receive requests for “grounded” outlets to be installed.
These can be for newer electronics, TV’s, appliances or home healthcare equipment such as hospital beds or oxygen machines.
In order to accomplish these tasks, sometimes, its necessary to run some new power (or Circuit) to a specific area that needs it.
We run the new circuit from your electrical box (or panel) to the needed area. Maybe a kitchen counter outlet or a Living Room computer outlet or perhaps a new computer outlet in the Den.
Some customers live in homes that were built without any ceiling lights in the bedrooms. We can fix that!
Add convenience, beauty and functionality to your home with simple electrical upgrades from Dependable Electric. We can install lights and outlets in virtually any room in your home. We also install dimmers and ceiling fans. Our unique approach to wiring your home ensures a clean install with virtually no mess. In fact, most times you can’t even tell we were there.
We treat your home as if it were our own!
In order to decide what areas of your home should be rewired, an on-site visit is necessary. This is why we provide free estimates to our customers.